Professional Foreman to work with construction companies, contractors or building management companies and crews to paint residential and commercial structures.
The Foreman is responsible for supervising staff painters, communicating daily tasks, and monitoring painting techniques, adherence to specifications, general safety and clean up.
- Obtains work orders for the day, taking time to assure a clear understanding of the job requirements. Organizes and sets a plan of action to complete the assigned tasks, including verifying job location and assuring van and required equipment are ready.
- Verifies adequate crew is available and properly prepared for work. Instructs painters on specific job details and any unusual requirements of the job.
- Ensures all required painting supplies and equipment have been properly obtained for the job and assembled in the van.
- Checks in with the manager at the office and/or job site prior to beginning work. Follows all communications procedures established by SoCal Paints.
- Ensures all surfaces are properly prepared prior to painting. Oversees crew and inspects the job site throughout the day, assuring the job is completed in accordance with specifications and SoCal Paints.
- Assures team is working safely, following safety guidelines, utilizing proper protective equipment, and monitors compliance with OSHA regulations. Immediately reports all unsafe acts and/or equipment to Manager.
- Monitors adherence to break schedules. Verifies the accuracy of the crew’s time records.
- Completes the final punch list in accordance with company policy, obtains required approval, and assures proper completion of the job.
- Completes daily reports (progress reports, T&M sheets, sundries list, and van inspection). Assures all required information has been logged.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years of painting industry experience required.
- Solid knowledge of the preparation and application of paints, stains, and surface preparation materials to a wide variety of surfaces.
- Familiar with OSHA safety guidelines, PPE requirements, and hazardous material handling, application, and disposal.
- Committed to customer service and accuracy, for both the company & its customers.
- Quality minded focus, ability to complete jobs right, the first time.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Pay Rate: DOE